Friday, August 12, 2011

Top 10 Players with Red Flags


These are the Top 10 overrated fantasy players that you should avoid.


Michael Turner– With Turner coming off an injury and hitting that daunting RB age of 29, I doubt he will be able to put up his usual numbers. Atlanta seems to have used up all the gas in Turners tank and is now focusing on Matt Ryans arm. I can see Turner having another studly year this year but that is a pretty big "If".

Steve Smith (Carolina)– When was the last time Steve Smith put up consistent numbers 2006? I for one am not going to risk taking Smith early in the draft with Rookie QB Newton fighting for the number one spot with Jimmy Clauson. That is one headache I would just avoid this year.

Ryan Grant- The running back who almost killed my team last year. Grant received an injury that took him out for the entire season last year and Green Bay went to the super bowl without him. With Aaron Rodgers trying to defend a Super Bowl title I don't expect Ryan Grant to be seeing much production this season.

Matt Schaub– Schaub is a decent Quarter back but with Arian Foster in the lineup stealing his thunder, I can confidently tell you not to pick him in the early rounds. Schaub has been drafted pretty quickly in mock drafts but you can count on picking a QB that will post similar fantasy points in later rounds.

Todd Heap- After his trade to the Cardinals his fantasy relevance was thought to increase from the lack of receiving targets while Fitzgerald takes off all the pressure. However after his preseason opener he didn't look in sync with Kolb and already had to downplay an injury. I see red flags all over this TE.

Joe Flacco– I see it every year, "This is Flaccos breakout year!". Even though I was impressed with his Youtube videos where he can break flying discs in the air with a football but that doesn't mean he can break QB records. Flacco seems to be the average QB always bringing up average numbers, so if you want Flactoid on your team than make sure you don't pick him before round 6-7.

Ryan Mathews– Don't get me wrong I like Mathews, but with him failing a conditioning test and being injury prone I see red flags all over this guy. Not to mention I was watching Tolbert practicing with Philip Rivers on the off season, not Mathews. You can definitely expect Mike Tolbert to be taking away fantasy value from Mathews this season.

Brandon Marshall– Brandon Marshall just isn't as lucky as Ocho Cinco, and ended up in a horrible  situation. You can expect Brandon Marshall's fantasy value decrease as fast as the stock market.

Maurice Jones-Drew– Even though Mo Jo is going top 5th pick in fantasy mock drafts this year, I would gladly take the number 6th or 7th RB. Reason being is because Maurice Jones-Drew is coming off knee-surgery and may aggravate his injury again. Also the Jaguars back up RB Rashad Jennings looked pretty good last season which means they might ease him in on a few plays if not more.

Greg Jennings– Even with Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay having a Super Bowl Winning season last year Jennings finished behind the top 30 in Wide Receivers. This tells me that with coverage going to be focused on Aaron Rodgers receiving core this year don't expect Jennings to put up consistent numbers.

Let me know what your thoughts on my Fantasy Football Projections leave some feedback/comments and lets talk football.

No comments:

Post a Comment